RAM is a dual purpose service with a combined objective to increase uptime and decrease field servicing cost:
"Backdoor": Remote troubleshooting even when the VSAT is down!
"Back-Up": Link failover switching
RAM – Basic is is a Remote Access solution that allows SpeedCast engineers to be able to login and troubleshoot on-board equipment without making expensive trips to the site – even when VSAT is down!
RAM – Advanced adds on Remote Console Access and Power Recycle to the list.
· Minimise site maintenance visits
· Immediate diagnosis of system outage or IT failure
· Centralised monitoring for maritime fleet
· Maximise network performance and uptime
· Auto-detection of link outage
· VSAT can be either the primary or the back-up link
· Failover mechanism options
a) Automatic ( with customizable threshold)
b) Manual (requires customer intervention)
· Limits access to Privileged users under failover condition
· Out-of-Band Access (Advanced RAM only)
· Remote power cycling (Advanced RAM only)
Last Updated on Saturday, 08 August 2015